ENFANTS TERRIBLESThe best films of today for children and young people. From animated comedies to teenagers embodying social conflicts, the movies in Enfants always hold some sort of moral.
This section, which keeps alive the spirit of what once was the Certamen de Cine Infantil, we try to fill in an important gap existing in our country, the showing of films for the younger ones that are not just comercial products. In order to do so, we offer an overwhelming percentage of European films rather than from other nationalities.
Fourteen films are released every year in the framework of Enfants Terribles, always divided in age groups.
Many of our showings and parallel projects take place at Teatro de la Laboral, Ciudad de la Cultura and thanks to the collaboration of different associations and institutions in the city, we can offer different activities, such as film seminars, Q&A with different directors and reduced prices by subsidising, for example, transportation for Gijon schools.
In our latest editions we have been able to consolidate the presence of audience members from outside our region, as we have school children from Cantabria and León.
Attendance was around 10.000 school children in our 51st edition, and in the 52nd we expect to reach 15.000 by strengthening promotion and increasing showings and meetings with directors in Oviedo and Avilés.
Activities and additional material:
- Q&As with directors. After the screenings, meetings are held with over three hundred children and teenagers. These gatherings take place in rooms adjoining the screening room, inside Universidad Laboral and they will keep on taking place thanks to the collaboration from Abierto Hasta el Amanecer youth association.
- Collaboration with Centro de Formación Profesional del Audiovisual in Langreo. Panels on Educación Emprendedora given by professionals (producers, specialized media, screenwriters, cinematographers, etc.) invited by the Festival.
- Training Material, including not only sinopsis and debate topics about the films in the cycle, but also detailed information about the other activities. It’s been drafted since 2011 by the famous critic and programmer Jesús Palacios.
- Abierto hasta el amanecer. Collaboration is not limited to Q&As with the directors in the cycle, but a special night screening is programmed together with this association aiming at offering leisure alternatives for the weekend.
- Talleres … de Cine. Activity coordinated by the cultural association Espacio de Creación y Didáctica. Last year it was organized together with Laboral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, as well as project FilMO. Together with the workshops blogs are set up to upload pictures and comments of those participating in them.
More information at phone numbers +34985185167 and +34 985182946 and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enfants Terrribles - Feature Films
Ping Pong SummerEstados UnidosRunning time: 92 min.Cast: Marcello Conte (Rad Miracle), Myles Massey (Teddy Fryy), Helena Seabrook (Michelle Miracle), Joseph McCaughtry (Lyle Ace), Andy Riddle (Dale Lyons), Emmi Shockley (Stacy Summers), Maddie Howard (Rhonda), Judah Friedlander (Anthony), Amy Sedaris (tia Peggy), Robert Longstreet (tío Jim), Lea Thompson (Sra. Miracle), John Hannah (Sr. Miracle), Susan Sarandon (Randi Jammer)Enfants TerriblesMichael Tully
VandalFrancia, BélgicaRunning time: 85 min.Cast: Zinedine Benchenine, Chloé Lecerf, Emile Berling, Kévin Azaïs, Jean-Marc Barr, Brigitte Sy, Ramzy Bédia, Marina FoïsEnfants TerriblesHélier Cisterne
A Birder’s Guide to EverythingEstados UnidosRunning time: 86 min.Cast: Kodi Smit-McPhee (David Portnoy), Alex Wolff (Timmy Barsky), Katie Chang (Ellen Reeves), Michael Chen (Peter Nessbaum), Daniela Lavender (Juliana Santos), Ben Kingsley (Lawrence Konrad), James LeGros (Donald Portnoy)Enfants TerriblesRob Meyer
Quatsch und die Nasenbär-BandeAlemaniaRunning time: 82 min.Cast: Benno Fürmann, Fritzi Haberland, Alexander Scheer, Rolf ZacherEnfants TerriblesVeit Helmer
Charleen macht SchlussAlemania - GermanyRunning time: 104 min.Cast: Jasna Fritzi Bauer, Heike Makatsch, Aurel Manthei, Simon Schwarz, Sandro Lohmann, Lauritz Greve, Dorothea WaldaEnfants TerriblesMark Monheim
VarvariSerbia, Montenegro, EsloveniaRunning time: 89 min.Cast: Zeljko Markovic (Luka), Nenad Petrovic (Flash), Jasna Djuricic (madre de Luka), Mirko Vlahovic (padre de Luka), Marina Vodenicar (trabajadora social)Enfants TerriblesIvan Ikić
OorlogsgeheimenHolandaRunning time: 94 min.Cast: Maas Bronkhuyzen (Tuur), Joes Brauers (Lambert), Pippa Allen (Maartje)Enfants TerriblesDennis Bots
Baby BalloonBélgica, FranciaRunning time: 84 min.Cast: Ambre Grouwels (Bici), César Domboy (Vince), Philippe Rebbot (Mitch), Pauline Parigot (Anita), Isabelle de Hertogh (Felicie), Allan Hoffmann (Giant), Valentin Vermeire (Luc), Arthur Orcier (Bastien), Françoise Oriane (Mamita)Enfants TerriblesStefan Liberski
The Boxcar ChildrenEstados UnidosRunning time: 81 min.Cast: Mackenzie Foy (Violet), Zachary Gordon (Henry), Joey King (Jessie), Martin Sheen (Abuelo Alden)Enfants TerriblesDan Chuba, Mark Dippé
Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to NeneJapónRunning time: 100 min.Cast: Sumire Morohoshi (Yoyo), Ai Kakuma (Nene), Miyuki Sawashiro (Takahiro), Rio Sasaki (Aki), Takehito Koyasu (Nils), Shoko Nakagawa (Bihaku)Enfants Terribles - AnimaFICXTakayuki Hirao
Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry FinnEstados UnidosRunning time: 90 min.Cast: Jake T. Austin, Joel Courtney, Val Kilmer, Noah Munck, Katherine McNamaraEnfants TerriblesJo Kastner