Spanish director Judith Colell will preside overthe International Jury, which also includes producer David Matamoros, directorsNima Javidi and Claudia Pinto, and programmer Kathleen Haney
Thursday, November 10, 2016
- The competition includes the latest feature films by Andrei Konchalovsky and Marco Bellocchio, and will feature again Brillante Mendoza and Jan Hrebejk
- Danis Tanovic, Nate Parker and Sacha Wolff arrive at the Gijón competition backed by the prizes they won at the international festivals circuit
- The Festival will show two Spanish productions: Migas de pan, by Manane Rodríguez, and Sicixia, by Ignacio Vilar
- Mijke de Jong's Layla M radical Islamist portrait inaugurates the Gijón contest
- The closure of the FICX will host the world premiere of Spain's Muna, by Santiago Zannou
- Mercedes Sampietro, Mujer de Cine Prize of the 54th edition of FICX
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
Monday, October 24, 2016The fourth edition of this section explores seven examples of experimental films and the work of filmmaker John Price
Monday, October 31, 2016
· Llendes hosts the premiere in Spain of Menandros & Thaïs, Isola, Una novia de Shangai and Disco Limbo.
· Rellumes shows nine film flashes which turn upside down topics such as death, migration,destruction of Spanish rural life, arranged marriages in Iran or the Afghan rock.
Saturday, November 26, 2016The Festival Awards have been unveiled this morning
The Gijón International FilmFestival gives the Honorary Award of the54th edition to Días de Cine, a mythical TVE program that turns 25 yearsold in 2016.
Lluis Omar will be at Gijon to receive the Nacho Martínez Award.
Friday, November 11, 2016
Los Toreros Muertos and dj HELL will be at the 54th edition of the FICX
Friday, November 4, 2016
32 titles of creators of the Principality will gather at the event, including 9 competing at the Wide Angle Asturias section.
Competition Asturias’ Day will consist of 13 titles and the sample contains 10 shortfilms